Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Dissappearing toolbox?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i cant quite figure out at what times it happens, but when i open Archicad, every once in a while i lose my tool box. even if i try tp start a new project, with a template, of open an existing project, the tool box will not appear. the only way for me to get it back, is to open a new project in default settings, open one of my templates, then resave. anyone have this problem?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried Fiddling with the palate shapes when it disappears or clicking on show all pallettes?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried that, but no luck there either
Anonymous
Not applicable
Figured you would have, can't hurt to ask though. Sounds like another bug.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
im hoping it is something i am overlooking
Anonymous
Not applicable
johnnynightlife wrote:
i cant quite figure out at what times it happens, but when i open Archicad, every once in a while i lose my tool box. even if i try tp start a new project, with a template, of open an existing project, the tool box will not appear. the only way for me to get it back, is to open a new project in default settings, open one of my templates, then resave. anyone have this problem?
Yes - a known bug - I think with 8.0r2 ?
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
johnnynightlife wrote:
It was fixed in ArchiCAD 8 R/V3. A "NEW AND RESET" will also get it back..
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
We also had Cinderella palettes from time to time, especially when opening a project. (8r2, 8r3)

One solution we found that often worked was to get the 3d window to regenerate. If it was already open, just by clicking on it - if it wasn't open, from the 'master toolbar'...

Wouldn't hurt to try whilst waiting for 8.1 to arrive?

HTH - Stuart

PS. No Cinderella palettes with 8.1, yet :fingers crossed:
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had the same problem with v8 r1. To resolve it we had to set the monitor to a higher resolution and presto there is the pallette sitting just below the Archicad window. Drag it back onto the Archicad workspace and set resolution back to what it was.

Merge into a new project works as well

.....or you can just get 8.1

Mark B
Djordje
Ace
Mark wrote:
We had the same problem with v8 r1.
REMINDER:

ALWAYS include your ArchiCAD version, with the release number, and OS when posting a problem!

For example:

ArhchiCAD 8 r2, Windows 2000 SP4

ArchiCAD 8 v1, Mac OS 9.x

Releases are r for Windows, v for Macs.

Makes answering so much easier ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen