BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Dongle Key....

Anonymous
Not applicable
My officemate came over to my work station and asked me if it were possible to use the old keys with AC 9? He had upgraded all the licenses from 7 to 9 long ago....and all but one was changed to 'usb' keys..... and the one left alone, for unknown reasons, happens to be a 'serial' key....

Does anyone know if this 'serial key' could work with AC 9? I guess one could always install and actually try it out but I'm just wondering if anyone would know...

Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein
I do not believe so. AFAIK, only the USB Wibu keys support the software upgrade process, and all old ones were to be exchanged.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
Karl wrote:
I do not believe so. AFAIK, only the USB Wibu keys support the software upgrade process, and all old ones were to be exchanged.

Karl
We are still using the serial keys and are now with version 11.
The upgrade process is the same for the USB keys via the internet.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Barry wrote:
We are still using the serial keys and are now with version 11.
The upgrade process is the same for the USB keys via the internet.

Barry.
Thanks for the correction, Barry. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! Wait till he hears the good news.....ofcourse....I'll warn him to prepare for troubleshooting...

Our office just upgraded to 11 from 9.....
Can't wait to test drive it!.....unfortunately there will be a learning curve
......worth it though...ac11 here we come!
Rod Jurich
Contributor
junior wrote:
/.......ac11 here we come!
Enjoy!!
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just upgraded from 10 - 11 and I didn't think I had to upgrade my dongel. When I tried to launch 11 it said it couldn't find or there wasn't a valid dongel. I upgraded my dongel and it still says I can't run 11.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
baukunst wrote:
I just upgraded from 10 - 11 and I didn't think I had to upgrade my dongel. When I tried to launch 11 it said it couldn't find or there wasn't a valid dongel. I upgraded my dongel and it still says I can't run 11.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
Hard to say. If you successfully upgraded the hardware key it should work. I suggest you contact your dealer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response Matthew. I did put an email out to my reseller and am awaiting a response from him. Is an upgrade to the dongel required from 10 to 11? It didn't look like it. When I went to upgrade.graphisoft I chose the most recent version and it looked like the one I already had on my machine.

Thank you.

Matthew Beardsley
Anonymous
Not applicable
baukunst wrote:
Thanks for your response Matthew. I did put an email out to my reseller and am awaiting a response from him. Is an upgrade to the dongel required from 10 to 11? It didn't look like it. When I went to upgrade.graphisoft I chose the most recent version and it looked like the one I already had on my machine.

Thank you.

Matthew Beardsley
When you bought your upgrade you should have gotten an upgrade code in the package. You upgrade the key by connecting to Graphisoft's website and typing in the code. They flash the ROM in the key to let it run the new version. This process is required for all paid upgrades.
Learn and get certified!