Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Double monitor_ FILES DONT OPEN IN AC 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone heard of this ?

ArchiCAD 23 crashes each time i have the double screen/ monitor option enables in my Windows parameters.
Files open when I have single monitor checked - but dont when I have double monitor ?

This is beyond annoying.....

Any suggestions whatsoever, no matter how silly, are welcomed..

thanks
9 REPLIES 9
insideru
Advocate
We have 4 windows 10 pcs running ac23 at the office, all dual monitor. We have no problems whatsoever.

If you are running windows 7, please bear in mind that all windows versions except 10 are not officially supported. Please read the page below:

System Requirements for GRAPHISOFT Products
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Anonymous
Not applicable
No I am on W10, thanks anyway
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am very sorry about the issue!

From your description, it is difficult for me to find out what may cause the crash. I am wondering if you can share with me:
- The computer's specification
- The Bug ID of the crash

In addition, please make sure that you have the latest OS update, and please install the latest ARCHICAD 23 version (build 4006).

Thank you very much! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
insideru wrote:
We have 4 windows 10 pcs running ac23 at the office, all dual monitor. We have no problems whatsoever.

If you are running windows 7, please bear in mind that all windows versions except 10 are not officially supported. Please read the page below, detect history reviews.

System Requirements for GRAPHISOFT Products
Just get the windows 10 lol, windows 7 is pretty bagged with dualscreen stuff
AlexM
Booster
I'm having a similar issue with one of our machines.

In this case it's AC22 - I haven't tested AC23 on it.

The file will open fine on ONE monitor. It will crash (hang on generating any 3D view) on the other.

I have swapped ports on the graphics card, swapped cables, but it's the same result each time. Interestingly, I can open it on the one screen, then move the application to the second screen and it will work fine.

Maybe try move AC to the other screen and open from there to see if it's similar to my issue!

Specs for this machine:
- AC22 (7000)
- i9700 32Gb ram
- RTX 2070
- 2 x 4K monitors
24 / 25 Win10 & Win11 & OSX
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
AlexM wrote:
I'm having a similar issue with one of our machines.

In this case it's AC22 - I haven't tested AC23 on it.

The file will open fine on ONE monitor. It will crash (hang on generating any 3D view) on the other.

I have swapped ports on the graphics card, swapped cables, but it's the same result each time. Interestingly, I can open it on the one screen, then move the application to the second screen and it will work fine.

Maybe try move AC to the other screen and open from there to see if it's similar to my issue!

Specs for this machine:
- AC22 (7000)
- i9700 32Gb ram
- RTX 2070
- 2 x 4K monitors
Hi Alex,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

This "move the application to the second screen and it will work fine" really puzzles me. Usually, if the application does not work on one monitor, it should not work regardless of how we open it. I'm wondering if you can share with me the set up that you are using:
- Are you using laptop or PC?
- How do you connect your machine with the screens (do they go through a hub?)
- Do you have Intel GPU in your machine running along with the NVIDIA GPU?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

AlexM
Booster
Hi Minh - I didn't expect a reply, so sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

It's a puzzling one for sure.

- This is full tower PC (Dell). We have other identical ones - users haven't reported issues on those. I haven't tested these in-person yet though.
- Screens are connected directly to the graphics card with Display Port cables
- The machine does have integrated graphics, but the system monitor shows Archicad using the main GPU (the RTX2070).

I haven't tried disabling integrated graphics completely, but I'll give that a go.
24 / 25 Win10 & Win11 & OSX
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the information!

This is quite strange...I'm wondering if you unplug the "good" monitor, and leave only the "bad" monitor connect to the GPU and start Archicad, does it still make Archicad crash?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Karl Ottenstein
atfonit wrote:
No I am on W10, thanks anyway
Please update your forum signature to show that you are on Windows 10 then... it still says Windows 7 on all of your posts at this moment. (The signature is a database field... when you update it, all of your posts will update.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB