Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Entering Numeric Coordinates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
I'm having problems with entering the numeric coordinates all of a sudden. Until yesterday if I pressed X or Y on the keyboard it would highlight the X or Y coordinate toolbar and I could enter the value manually but now if I press the X or Y button on the keyboard nothing happens. I need this feature to draw, can you help me? I tried to modify the settings but I couldn't find anyhting.
bye
ps.I'm using ArchiCad8.1
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was going to suggest turning on Tracker, till I read the P.S. Was there an equivalent in AC8.1?

Or maybe you have Snap turned on by accident? (shortcut "S" very easy to hit).
David Collins
Advocate
Also, if your keyboard is set up for multiple languages, it's easy to switch out of the English layout by accident. This will disable keyboard shortcuts and coordinate box input.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys, I understand what the problem is. I lost all of the keyboard shortcuts assignments. What's strange is that if I reinstall the software, by default, it still has no shortcuts assigned. The other problem is that if i reassign all the shortcuts, which I wouldn't have any problems, it won't let me modify the coordinates, which appear light gray and not editable.
Do you have any suggestions or maybe a scheme file of the shortcuts which you can send me so that i can import it or try to use?
thanks again
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I think there are some shortcuts, for example the coordinates, that cannot be modified. You might check your installation disks for additional shortcut schemes, ArchiCAD 8 should have schemes that match ArchiCAD 6 and 5. These shortcuts are handled differently than the recent ArchiCAD versions, but my guess is that you have some other problem that deleting the preference files or doing a new installation may fix.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try to install a different 8.1 version than the one i have. I'll let you know if the problem remains.
Again, the strange thing is that in the default coordinates scheme (archicad INT) there are no assignment at all. How is that possible?
Djordje
Ace
David wrote:
Also, if your keyboard is set up for multiple languages, it's easy to switch out of the English layout by accident. This will disable keyboard shortcuts and coordinate box input.
Even easier on Windows, as the shortcut for the language switch is the same as the one for moving the origin 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it!
I was dumb, I had the pref files in hidden mode in windows and so I couldn't cancel them. I just realized, cancelled them and reinstall AC...and everything's back as normal.
thanks for the support
bye