Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Epsom Stylus Pro 9000

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone has offered to sell me this "new" Epsom plotter, for "pennies on the dollar." I don't know anything about it. Would it be appropriate for simple plotting tasks, such as architectural working drawings?

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
owen
Newcomer
The Epson Stylus Pro 9000 was once one of their high end large format printers .. so it should be more than adequate.

We just upgraded to a 9800, however before this our 9000 was being used for all our large format printing, from B&W drawings to glossy photographic panels. It is a little slow, but if you aren't doing big runs it should be fine.

Only issue you might want to consider is there are no Epson drivers available for OS X - you would need to use 3rd party drivers such as the GIMP / Gutenprint drivers and I can't guarantee they will work. The reason we replaced it (aside from speed, its over 7 years old AFAIK) was the Hardware RIP box connecting it to our network died and we (along with Epson) could never get it to work on our OS X network on its own. You may want to see if you can get it working with your machine/network before handing over your spare change
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!