Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Favorites doesn't load the correct layers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I started making a template in ArchiCAD 17 and i decided to start from scratch because the new building materials tool. I made all the appropriate surfaces and hatch settings and also I created a few favorites, the problem is, whenever I choose a new favorite, whether from the Favorites Palette with double click or from the settings dialog, it doesn't change the layer that was assigned to that favorite in the first place! I tried remaking the favorites by redefining with current default and it changes momentarily, I've updated the ArchiCAD with the latest update (5019) and still no use! Anyone has this problem? and, maybe, a solution?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Check your favourite preferences.
If you have 'Layer" checked then it will ignore the layer that the preference was set for - even though it still shows that layer when you choose the favourite.
Each tool can have different settings in the preferences.
Barry.
favourite_preferences_2.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
PS there is a bug in 17 with the 'Home Storey' preference.
It doesn't matter if it is checked or not the favourite will always place in the current storey regardless of the storey saved with the favourite.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Barry Kelly! It solved the problem. I didn't know that you could filter manage the favorites too.