Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Fundemental flaw with gridline offset in Elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
so I have found a pretty fundamental flaw with the gridline offset function when displaying gridlines in Elevations please refer to my attached screenshots below

East Elevation - I have shown the gridline B with a 700 offset (to the right towards Section Section Marker D) to avoid conflict with the Section E marker.

When I go to my West Elevation (which bear in mind is a mirror image) the gridline B marker is also shown offset to the right but this is incorrect the marker should be offset to the left (away from marker D towards marker E as it was in my East Elev) instead the gridline overlaps marker E completely (as shown in screenshot with ghost turned on) towards Section Marker C (completely the wrong direction) if i proceed to correct this it will then make it display incorrectly back on the East Elevation (rinse and repeat) so I will have to patch and fill this with 2d elements or instead offset the section marker heads (hopefully i wont end up with the same issue as above)

edit: in the end I have extended the section marker so it is the only marker that doesnt line up with the others and kept gridline B without an offset, (not ideal) but the marker offset is not working correctly.
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
There is interesting solution that many ArchiCAD users might not know.
If you select "Custom" from drop down menu instead of "General" in Section/Elevation tab in Gridline settings, then staggering and gridline height will apply only to this Elevation.