Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Google Earth for MAC.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally .. Here's a link to a leaked copy of the GOOGLEEARTH/MAC beta, thanx to the bods at UNEASYSILENCE. We've been runnin it with no drama's .. although needs OSX TIGER and heaps of processor speed .. also some trouble opening 3D buildings from sketchup plugin, even though they work on the PeeCee, turns it into a Zaha Hadid special .. workin on it so will keep in touch .. this thing is the most fantastic waste of time!!!

here's a pic of our scratch up of CHCH ... AC':arrow:'SU5':arrow:'GE.

chchnz.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
Aussie John
Newcomer
going OT a bit but personally I think the whole thing is voyeurism of the the most sinsiter kind. As the resolution gets better and better (who knows what the intellegence satelittes are like now- I heard they are hubble telescopes pointed at earth) governments will take more and more control. If I could trust governments that might be OK but can you?
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
stefan wrote:
You can allready look at some photographs:
http://www.belgiumview.com/belgiumview/tl3/view0001861.php4

And it's location is:
50°51'47.55"N
4°41'0.51"E

I have a 2D DWG but no 3D model. I'm trying to fix something in SketchUp now.

wow .. my daughter asked .. is that where the princesses live??

yeh .. GE could do with an overlay in that area .. if you can find an aerial (many local authorities have them on their websites these days) it is very easy to create an overlay in GE .. see this christchurch example in medium res
or this high res

keep in touch with your 3D model progress .. why the draw in SU? why not draw and model in AC then import with free Su plug-in and then export to GE? .. much easier .. SU is very clumsy with large files.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
..I think the whole thing is voyeurism of the the most sinsiter kind ..
mate .. only if you've got something to hide.
Not applicable
All,

I am glad to inform you that the native ArchiCAD 9 compatible Google Earth add-on is available for download. Although, it is still in beta phase, we would like to share it with you, and ask for your contribution in the testing and evaluation process. Please, feel free to share your thoughts either in this thread or in a personal message. All comments are welcome, I am eager to get your feedback how we can make this tiny add-on as useful as possible.

Usage:
The Google Earth – ArchiCAD data exchange is quite similar to Sketchup:

- Download the attached GE.zip and unpack it.

- Backup and then replace the “jack.dll” file in your ArchiCAD 9 folder and copy the “Google Earth In-Out.apx” under the [Add-Ons\Import-Export] folder.

- Download and install the latest Google Earth program (http://earth.google.com)

- Create Google Earth placemarks, polygons, or paths. (Polygons and paths can be generated from Google Earth Plus or Pro) and export them.

- In ArchiCAD you can either open or merge the Google Earth KMZ/KML file.

- Once you have positioned your model, switch to 3D view and save your work into Google Earth format.

It’s quite simple, isn’t it?

Note: Macintosh platform is not supported yet, but we will soon release the compatible version.
Anonymous
Not applicable
PeterKis wrote:
...I am glad to inform you that the native ArchiCAD 9 compatible Google Earth add-on is available for download. Although, it is still in beta phase, we would like to share it with you, and ask for your contribution in the testing and evaluation process. Please, feel free to share your thoughts ...
FANTASTIC .. works a treat .. we posted our first results at ZNO today, a series of buildings in Cathedral square Christchurch, NZ. They vary from heavily detailed to a booleaned block.

We will be re-scripting the KML's we have posted at ZNO to date .. we also have some very interesting 3D models in progress from around the world .. keep watchin!

Have been in discussion with SKETCHUP boys in last few weeks over AC to SU issues .. dropped this on them today .. not happy .....

FOR SALE TWO CLUMSY SKETCHUP5 LICENCES !!!!
stefan
Expert
fu wrote:
FOR SALE TWO CLUMSY SKETCHUP5 LICENCES !!!!
Why would you get rid of them? They can work pretty well alongside ArchiCAD...

I've been aware of the Graphisoft-Google Earth beta-exporter, but assumed information was to be kept private untill released... but now that they officially mention it here, that is not a problem anymore.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
We noticed in testing exporting from Archicad PC to Google Earth, and chooing "by layer" rather than "by story" gets an error:
Parser error, invalid charcter
Has anyone run into this? We tried multiple files and multiple machines, with the same result. By default now we save by story.
Anonymous
Not applicable
stefan wrote:
Why would you get rid of them? They can work pretty well alongside ArchiCAD...
alongside?? here's how we see the difference between the two .. ZNO(ArchiCAD) takes down SketchUp big red microwave ..

here's some recent models we've posted in Google Earth .. all made in ArchiCAD.

CASA MALAPARTE most beautiful house in the world?

PALM ISLANDS Dubai, worlds biggest suburban land reclaimation.

RYUGYONG HOTEL world's biggest unusable building.

BURJ AL ARAB world's most beautiful hotel?

AUCKLAND SKY TOWER and others .. at ZNO
Djordje
Ace
fu wrote:
Just don't go inside ... 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
Djordje wrote:
fu wrote:
Just don't go inside ... 😉
Unless you can swim!!
Tom Waltz