Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Google Earth for MAC.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally .. Here's a link to a leaked copy of the GOOGLEEARTH/MAC beta, thanx to the bods at UNEASYSILENCE. We've been runnin it with no drama's .. although needs OSX TIGER and heaps of processor speed .. also some trouble opening 3D buildings from sketchup plugin, even though they work on the PeeCee, turns it into a Zaha Hadid special .. workin on it so will keep in touch .. this thing is the most fantastic waste of time!!!

here's a pic of our scratch up of CHCH ... AC':arrow:'SU5':arrow:'GE.

chchnz.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
TomWaltz
Participant
fu wrote:
stefan wrote:
Why would you get rid of them? They can work pretty well alongside ArchiCAD...
alongside?? here's how we see the difference between the two .. ZNO(ArchiCAD) takes down SketchUp big red microwave ..
I could not quite tell.... where did you get the walker model?
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
TomWaltz wrote:
Djordje wrote:
fu wrote:
BURJ AL ARAB world's most beautiful hotel?
Just don't go inside ... 😉
Unless you can swim!!
No, not that ...

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/virtual_tours/

Enjoy the interiors ... 😉

Management portfolio can be found at http://www.jumeirah.com/portfolio/

Many more ideas can be found at those pages ... IMHO mostly of what NOT to do 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
wow, which one do you live in? 🙂
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
The SketchUp red Microwave has a new BIG BROTHER.
stefan wrote:
Why would you get rid of them? They can work pretty well alongside ArchiCAD...
seems like it will work very well alongside GOOGLE, as they have just bought @LAST the makers of SketchUp.

What’s this mean? If things follow normal Google trends, (Picasa, Analytics, Writely etc.) This means that they’re going to provide freeware for creating 3D models for Google Earth.??

As 'Sketchup" quote "3D for Everyone" is becoming a reality; we're bringing the '3D' part; Google's contributing the 'Everyone.'

It seems Google recognized that "the ability to design and communicate in 3D is an emerging need for their users." .. Yes, but did Google check whether SketchUp is the best product for that, I wonder?

Djordje .. yes we draw the line at modelling interiors of that nature! dubai continues to amaze us with the scale of development and excess.

Tom .. the walker model was developed by one of my students .. I think it started life in the 3DS world.
Djordje
Ace
TomWaltz wrote:
wow, which one do you live in? 🙂
http://www.emaar.com/Developments/TheSprings/Index.asp

Not the big ones ...
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
fu wrote:
Djordje .. yes we draw the line at modelling interiors of that nature! dubai continues to amaze us with the scale of development and excess.
Frankly, living here, you get an overload of this and that city, biggest this and largest that ... espcially when you also work in the industry and know what really happens.

Not to go completely off topic, SketchUp is VERY popular around, as everyone wants everything FAST. I thanked it many times last week, as I was able to churn out 6 proposals ... alongside the normal work.

Now to pull all that into ArchiCAD 😉
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
PeterKis wrote:
All,

I am glad to inform you that the native ArchiCAD 9 compatible Google Earth add-on is available for download ... Macintosh platform is not supported yet, but we will soon release the compatible version.
Peter .. how's progress on that MAC version??
Not applicable
fu wrote:
PeterKis wrote:
All,

I am glad to inform you that the native ArchiCAD 9 compatible Google Earth add-on is available for download ... Macintosh platform is not supported yet, but we will soon release the compatible version.
Peter .. how's progress on that MAC version??
The ArchiCAD 10 compatible MAC version will be available for testing within 2 weeks.

Peter