BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphics Card tesla m10

Eg Le
Participant

Hi,

@Minh Nguyen

Are there any test related to the graphics card NVIDIA m10? Is this card compatible with archicad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Haris Matthaiou
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

NVIDIA's M10 belongs to a family of GPUs that the main utilization was around VDI applications.
This is not your typical GPU that you want to use on workstation PC and run Archicad. The main benefit when it was introduced back in 2016 was to allow a high number of virtual GPUs partitioned to serve dozens of users in a VDI solution. 

In terms of computation power, M10 is based on Maxwell chipset, but technically it's 4 low-end Maxwells into one: 4x640 cores,  4x 8 GB VRAM etc.

This was the approach NVIDIA took back then for GPU to support as many concurrent users as possible. 

In relation to Archicad compatibility, if installed in a workstation PC (no VDI), I'd say it would work, but it won't utilize the full potential of the GPU as it will use only 1/4 chipsets.

Unless you already own the GPU or you are planning to implement VDI solution with dozens of users, I suggest you look for other alternatives.
The more recent GPUs have better specs and features with a better overall price/performance ratio.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Haris Matthaiou
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

NVIDIA's M10 belongs to a family of GPUs that the main utilization was around VDI applications.
This is not your typical GPU that you want to use on workstation PC and run Archicad. The main benefit when it was introduced back in 2016 was to allow a high number of virtual GPUs partitioned to serve dozens of users in a VDI solution. 

In terms of computation power, M10 is based on Maxwell chipset, but technically it's 4 low-end Maxwells into one: 4x640 cores,  4x 8 GB VRAM etc.

This was the approach NVIDIA took back then for GPU to support as many concurrent users as possible. 

In relation to Archicad compatibility, if installed in a workstation PC (no VDI), I'd say it would work, but it won't utilize the full potential of the GPU as it will use only 1/4 chipsets.

Unless you already own the GPU or you are planning to implement VDI solution with dozens of users, I suggest you look for other alternatives.
The more recent GPUs have better specs and features with a better overall price/performance ratio.

Eg Le
Participant

thx!

Lingwisyer
Guru

Minh does not work for GS anymore... people should stop tagging him for everything... Maybe that is why he got a new account.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Yes, thanks for the reminder 🙂 I'm still around answering questions whenever I can, but I no longer have any direct connection to Graphisoft to be able to help with more advanced/technical questions

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Learn and get certified!