BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Graphisoft License Manager "Connection to the server could not be established" Fixed

Anonymous
Not applicable
A computer was unable to gain access to the Graphisoft license servers.
It turns out this was due to historic pirated software which had led to some legacy files on the computer which blocked the connection.
Please note that this is for Windows 10.
I am unable to validate this for MacOS.

Legacy files were found within the file "Hosts", found under the file path:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

The Graphisoft license was being blocked by this service:
wit-ams-cloudservice.cloudapp.net

Opening this file in Notepad++ as administrator, I could delete all of the lines which were not prefixed with hashtag (i.e. comments) and save the file to resolve the issue.

I have attached a screenshot of the file contents.

I hope this helps should the problem arise in the future.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi James,

Thank you very much for raising this problem to us!

We are aware of such methods to crack ARCHICAD. The similar issue can happen on macOS as well. We strongly advise not to use any cracked version of ARCHICAD, as it might leave the customers exposed to viruses, malware, or spyware that pose security risks to their computer and their valuable privacy/data.

Once again, thank you for sharing this warning to all of us. We truly appreciate your contribution to the forum! Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Dundee
Participant

Hello, I'm experiencing quite a similiar problem. I've been using Archicad 26 with a commercial license the whole year and was still able to the night before. Opening it this morning, I ran into a problem, it could not access the commercial license key dedicated to me and when opening the License Manager tool, an error pops up that goes "the license manager tool could not establish a connection to the code meter service... I'm not that savvy with this stuff, Can somebody help me out. Thanks

Dundee_0-1671348111277.png

Learn and get certified!