Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Help me with Archicad 23 in windows

BRGOMEZS
Newcomer

I was trying to recover a file that I didn't save in Archicad 23, so I went to the Archicad>Autosave 23-1 folder. There was a file there with the name of 'database.fdb', so I copied that file and put it on the Desktop, once there, I changed the properties to .pln. My windows 11 screen started to flash white, and I can't do anything anymore, only the 'task manager' window works for me. Does anyone know any solution?

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

@BRGOMEZS wrote:

I was trying to recover a file that I didn't save in Archicad 23, so I went to the Archicad>Autosave 23-1 folder. There was a file there with the name of 'database.fdb', so I copied that file and put it on the Desktop, once there, I changed the properties to .pln.

You do not need to do this (although it should work).

Just make sure Archicad is not running (task manager) and then start a new Archicad - it should open with a restore file option.

@BRGOMEZS wrote:

My windows 11 screen started to flash white, and I can't do anything anymore, only the 'task manager' window works for me. Does anyone know any solution?

If it it Windows OS not working, then it is probably not a problem with Archicad - you will have to trouble shoot your OS or hardware..

If it is only Archicad that is not running then try reinstalling (repairing) it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11