BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

HotFix Install Error

Well, this is a first.

Installing the v27.1.1 Hotfix on my ARM Mac an error popped up during installation and said the ArchiCAD 27 app is corrupt  and needs to be moved to the trash. I cancel, then proceed to complete the installation, then try to launch it. The same notice comes up. ArchiCAD cannot run and needs to be moved to the trash.

Currently downloading the base installer and will have to reinstall, then try to run the updater again.

They're charging the most in their company history for upgrade and SSA and have released the single most buggy release of ArchiCAD I can remember (since 1991). They delayed the release for four months promising  bug-free version, yet it's the buggiest. How long are going to settle for this?

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.1.1 Sonoma

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
14 REPLIES 14

I think it is a Sonoma thing.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

I’ve just installed the 27.1.1 update in Sonoma 14.1.1 and it installed with no problem at all. I’ve instructed the rest of our office on a mix of Intel and ARM some with Sonoma 14.1.1 and some on the latest build of Ventura so we will see what happens there. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Hi Lee,

Just curious what License Information on your Mac shows reports after running the 27.1.1 hot fix. You'll see from my screenshot from a couple days ago that on my Mac (Sonoma + Apple Silicon like you) Archicad does not acknowledge the new version number even though it appears the hot fix did indeed run correctly.

I'd really like someone from Graphisoft to clear up the numbering system and what we should expect going forward.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

Hi Geoff,

Mine shows exactly the same as yours build 4030 and 27.0.0. It is very confusing and a nightmare to manage across the office because I can't now determine who has and has not updated.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Build 4030 is the latest update to v27.

Win 10 Pro, Threadripper 1950x 16-core, 32GB RAM, RTX 3080Ti 12GB GRAM

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!