BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

How to update ArchiCAD 10 with Patch 987 in silent mode??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi together!

Does anyone know how to update a fresh archicad 10 installation with the update 987 in silent mode?

i tried the switch "-silent", but after a couple of seconds the installation ends.

in the manual installation you have to choose which archicad version should be updated. i believe this information must be in the command line too!?

i tried to create an answer file, but it also failed, no answer file was created. -W log.record=yes

the extracted patch isn´t really informative to. many files, some installers. but how to use??

does anyone know it or is there a documentation which describes these steps?

thank you very much!

cam
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
Why not just use the installer as delivered?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
because of the same reason why you can install archicad itself in silent mode -> unattended installation for large enviroments

i don´t want to install the update by hand every time and the customer request is a automated installation without manual interactions.

is there a possibility?
please excuse my ignorance. What is "silent mode".

I am seeing the term used more and more in some of my software.
I just ignore it because I don't know what it means.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
we have a wiki article on this subject:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/ArchiCAD_Hotfix_in_Silent_Mode
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!