Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Installation Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i just downloaded Archicad 19 INT, but i cant install it.
i always open it with adminastrator rights, but the installer opens and close in a second, without having the chance to do anything.

im running windows 10 pro last updates
UAC is off, same as antivirus and firewall
java is updated aswell
and my pc is an asus g752vy, which is more than okey for archicad.

thank you very much
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check all the software pre-installed on the laptop by Asus. In my experience one of them is probably interfering with the installation and maybe doesn't let it to modify some folders or interferes in some other way.

I will be interested in your answer because this Asus laptop that you have is the exact model I am thinking about buying at some point in the future.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! thanks for the reply.
so far so good with this laptop, its amazing, it runs everything smooth but at the beginning i had a few issues but they were all fixed with windows updates and asus updates (specially bios update).

About asus apps, i went to msconfig and dissable all the starting apps, but i had no luck. maybe im missing something?
its really weird because the "mac gear" appears and the installation windows pops up but then disappears.

i downloaded 3 times the file, but i had no luck
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you post a screenshot of your installed programs (sort by Manufacturer so ASUS stuff is in in one block) then I might be able to tell you which application could be suspicious. In that case you would probably have to uninstall it (some of these application might run as Windows Services so changing what programs to start will not affect Services).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I attached and image with programs and services running (some of them i dissable them because of internet issues like asus game first.

yesterday i downloaded once more archicad but same issues, mac gear appears and seconds after the installation windows opens and close.

btw i dont have time today but i was thinking downloading archicad18. is it worth having archicad 19 instead of 18? there are alot of changes one with the other?
Barry Kelly
I think I would be inclined to remove all Java and then run the installer. This should then install the correct version needed for 19.

See this post for a similar problem but for Archicad 17.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=48998

You can always update java again after the installation.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Barry may be right about Java. Looking at the list of things installed by Asus I do not see any program that would look suspicious, one that would block access of programs or installations. Let's see if the Java method works and proceed from there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i tried that too, actually i read it before posting, but im still having the same problem. the first time i tried installing it i didnt have java, then i downloaded from java official web page and then finally i downloaded the one recommended from graphisoft, same problem
i really appreciate your support but i dont know what could it be. i unistall malware bits and dissabled windows defender, but nothing.
ill try installing archicad 18, so ill post once is download it
Barry Kelly
keitokun wrote:
then i downloaded from java official web page and then finally i downloaded the one recommended from graphisoft, same problem
This may still be the issue.
Delete all java and only install the one recommended by Graphisoft.
The latest version may be too new.

To be honest I really don't know but this seems to have helped many in the past.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry and Laszlonagy for your help!
unfortunately i couldn't install archicad.
i downloaded the Java version at graphisoft as you recommended Barry, actually i downloaded the one for archicad 18 and archicad 19, Java 7u51 and 7u21 (AC 18); and Java 8u45 (AC 19). But i had the same problem.
i also downloaded AC 18, but i have the same problem!
so i guess ill keep on working with others softwares till i find a solution.

thanks you both for your assistance!