BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Installation crashes in InstallPackageExtractor MFC App.

Anonymous
Not applicable
When running the installation from our automated deployment solution, I get a dialog box titled InstallPackageExtractor MFC Application saying that the application has crashed.

I watched the progress, and it did extraction progress bar, window disappeared, then a second or two later, it crashed.

The details in the event log are as follows:

Faulting application AC12NZE2156.exe, version 1.3.60, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000136be.

Followed by:

The application, <path to>\AC12NZE2156.exe, generated an application error. ... The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C9136BE (ntdll!RtlLengthSid).

If I run the installer manually, everything works fine, but is not a viable workaround.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Hopefully someone else has seen this, but you really need to say which version of Windows this is happening on, both on the server and the workstation.

Offhand, it looks like the <path to> macro was not properly expanded, but I've never used automated deployment...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, it's Windows XP SP2. I figured people would recognise the version number

I replaced full path with <path to> for brevity, and the path is correct. That part is informational, displaying path to executable. Perhaps you're not familiar with the Windows Event Log...

Personally, it sounds like a bug in the software not being able to resolve an SID or not allocating enough space or something along those lines.
Learn and get certified!