BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Installation troubles

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there...i´m a architect student and a brand new user... i ve downloaded the free version for students that is available on internet... i ve got some trouble to install the program.... when i try to install it , the installation stops and it says :" the program cannot be installed on this platform"...i ve got a brand new macbook Pro 17" whit 2 giga of ram....
i have no clue...can anyone help?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am guessing that you have downloaded the PPC version. The Intel Macs require a different installer.
Thomas Holm
Booster
I think you've stumbled on the installer issue that I thought was solved, but perhaps not. If the native Macintel version of Archicad is available as a student download, this should not happen.
What you have is the MacPPC version (which, sucessfully installed, runs fine in Rosetta emulation on the Macintels). There is/was however an installer issue in the PPC download. The PPC installer doesn't work on these machines.

I think people have had to resolve it by simply copying a complete working installation from a PPC machine onto the Macintel. This works.

But better still is of course to install the native Macintel version when it is available as a student download. If it isn't now, it surely will be.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
how do i get a different installer
Thomas Holm
Booster
Not available separately. You have to choose the right package to download:
https://eduregistration.graphisoft.com/
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I have just bought the latest MacBook Pro 15, Processor 2.33 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, and I installed archicad 9.0 full version, but when I tried to install AC 10 full version. It says: Can´t´install on this plataform, is there any upgrade for this MacBook Pro available??

Thanks,

David
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe your tried to install the non-Mactel version of AC on a MacTel computer.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lazlo, that´s right. How can I get the MacTel compatible. My reseller needs to provide it to me? or there´s any download area that I have missed??

By the way, the version I have is AC 10-SPA-C2015 (build 987)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I think you need to obtain it from your reseller.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!