Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Intelligent Cursor no longer snaps at perpendicular

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am unable to get the intelligent cursor to display the perpendicular function when drafting, drawings walls etc.in 17.
Is there a nested control to turn this off and on? This function works on all other computers in my office, and on the same file I'm using. It has worked on my computer for years, until the other day....NO idea what i could have done to disrupt this function.
To complicate matters, some of the intelligent cursor functions still work; white pencil, striped pencil, filled pencil.
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would first check to see if a graphics card driver update helps solve the issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Lazlo, that did the trick. I actually had to uninstall all NVIDIA software then re-install.....I did not expect that would be the case.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, spoke too soon, I have all functions except for the perpendicular indicator. ??
Anonymous
Not applicable
relempago wrote:
Sorry, spoke too soon, I have all functions except for the perpendicular indicator. ??
Did you ever find a fix for this? I have the same problem... driving me nuts. New drivers, even default work environment, but the cursor is still missing in action!
Barry Kelly
The perpendicular cursor does not show if it is over-ruled by another cursor type.
For example the centre node of an edge if that happens to coincide with perpendicular or the intersection of a guideline and what you want to go perpendicular to.

The attached image is perpendicular but the intersection of the guideline over-rules the cursor icon.

Barry.
perpendicular.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Zak wrote:
relempago wrote:
Did you ever find a fix for this? I have the same problem... driving me nuts. New drivers, even default work environment, but the cursor is still missing in action!
I was with the same "problem". The solution was switching the delta buttons (from absolute to relative) in the coordinates palette (will usually be at the bottom left). I hope this helps.
NecoN
Newcomer

This is the right answer, it´s fixed now. Thanks Morgado