Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Interactive Training Guide problem, help greatly appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello fellow ArchiCADers.
I'm currently attending a pre-university course which in one of our classes we are taught both AutoCAD and ArchiCAD. I'm finding this very exciting and I was hoping to keep one step ahead of the class. So i searched around and found these excellent interactive training guides(I'm currently on ArchiCAD Essentials).

My only problem is that when i open each chapter for the guide, the elements are already placed. I followed the guide from the start, with each exact step. As an example, when the training guide movie opens the first real structural step(Chapter 2 - Creating masses, creating zones), the zones are already placed and created. This is not the case in the movie clip - as the narrator opens his chapter the zones aren't placed. The only thing that shows are the directional pointers for each corner of the zones. So i would have two instances of the building overlapping each other, unless i deleted everything for each chapter.

So, is there anything i missed? Please help me understand this. Whatever help i might recieve will be sincerely appreciated.

I sincerely hope you are able to understand my clumsy explanation.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
In the Navigator you need to activate the View Map (second button of the four along the top) This will show a list of all the views in the project.
If you see a '+' next to a folder click it to expand that folder to show the individual views.
These views should match the steps in the training guide PDF.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive got the same problem. I open the same view as per the video but the content is different.

For example video Basic ITG Chapter 02_03 (creating masses and building structure) begins by opening the view 2.3.1 Wall-01/01. When the guy in the video does this, the view is of 2 blue zones with a couple of red arrows. When I do it I can see all the exterior walls and lift shafts already in place.

As Technician said, the only way to match what is happening on the video is to delete the content of the drawing.

Any ideas?????
Barry Kelly
Sounds to me like you have the "Chapter 01" PLA file open.
You need to open the "Chapter 02" PLA file instead.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Barry, thats the problem!

I feel a little stupid now.....