Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

International Version Measurement Problems

AlexMigotz
Newcomer

I just got the Archicad Educational Version, which somehow defaulted to english eventhough it should have been in german. Furthermore the dimensions are very confusing, for example, i have to put in 3000 Meters to get 3 Meters, when i open a new File the Floor and Story settings also automatically show 3000 (I guess meters) but if i select a dimension line it shows 3,000 meters so that works fine, it´s just incredibly annoying to have to write out 12300 to get a lenght of 12,3 Meters

5 REPLIES 5
runxel
Legend

Look up your "working units" (Arbeitseinheiten). They are currently in millimeter for you.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Regarding INT (English), that is probably what you downloaded. Not sure about the educational version (my school days are long behind me!), but the 'regular' download page has a not-so-obvious button that enables a pull down menu with all version. It defaults to 'INT'.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

ErwinEdel_0-1679498983923.png

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

If it's the educational version it should be downloaded from myarchicad.com anyway. Then there will be no other version to download then the right language version.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Yes, I knew this was not the place for the EDU download, but I sort assumed GS would've done the same overhaul on that page.

In the past I would get a direct link to the NED version too, but recently I end up on this page and it defaults to INT and then I have to select NED from that not-so-obvious button.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5