Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Keyboard shortcuts in new Mac system

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone!
A fellow co worker just bought a new Imac sth and installed the AC v.13 greek. We cannot use any of the known shortcuts such as ctrl +D (drag) ctrl +A (select all) and F5 and everything. I dont know what to do, when I go to shortcuts it doesnt let me push the buttons to specify a new shortcut for anything but when I click on the show all available shortcuts the list contains everything as it was always.

Anyone ??
19 REPLIES 19
Erika Epstein
Booster
Ralph,
Yes, both short cut keys and via file menu. I am doing this on the US version with MEP & Ecovantage. I am surprised by my results.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Erika wrote:
I am surprised by my results.
Me too! Perhaps a bug? I'm using AC14 3269 INT FULL.
Ralph Wessel BArch
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I get the same result as Erika on New & Reset All: the ArchiCAD template loads, the Work Environment is not changed. (This is to me correct behavior.)

Wendy:
You should try changing the Work Environment to Standard Profile 13 (I hope there is an obvious translation of this to Greek).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
David wrote:
I get the same result as Erika on New & Reset All: the ArchiCAD template loads, the Work Environment is not changed. (This is to me correct behavior.)
New & Reset All is often used to rule out corrupt settings if ArchiCAD starts crashing or behaving oddly. It seems to me that will be a support problem if old (corrupted) settings are perpetuated.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Erika Epstein
Booster
Ralph & David,
What I am finding is that the WE defaults to whichever WE I have set to be the default WE. I tested this back to 10.
Ralph, is your default WE the AC out of the box WE?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Erika wrote:
Ralph & David,
What I am finding is that the WE defaults to whichever WE I have set to be the default WE. I tested this back to 10.
Ralph, is your default WE the AC out of the box WE?
Yep - that's the answer. Well spotted!
Now we need to know if reverting to the out-of-the-box settings fixes the keyboard problem.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Erika wrote:
A new & reset will result in the default AC template file being the open active pln but with your most recent active WE still active.
New and Reset should return everything (including the Work Environment) to factory settings. Keyboard shortcuts, palette positions, etc will all revert to the original shipping defaults.

Even in Mac ? Im going to lose everything? every other option I made ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:

Wendy:
You should try changing the Work Environment to Standard Profile 13 (I hope there is an obvious translation of this to Greek).

David
Yes!!! I did that! That was my first action. But it didnt change anything ..
but I dont know the difference between the profiles archicad asks me when I create a new project. is there sth interesting there ? should I re install it maybe ?
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
are you having a problem like the one described here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=30568 ?

Some of the issues i described have been solved now with OSX 10.6.4, but some still persist...
for example option+G for suspending groups only works with the US/UK keyboard and not with the Greek one...
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
Achille wrote:
are you having a problem like the one described here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=30568 ?

Some of the issues i described have been solved now with OSX 10.6.4, but some still persist...
for example option+G for suspending groups only works with the US/UK keyboard and not with the Greek one...
I don't know I'm so confused! I had to re insert the shortcuts and now it works. I always work on English US keyboard though and when I switch to Greek It always works.
Thanks anyway