BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Label tools not showing

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my first post to this forum, so please forgive any mistakes.

I am using Archicad 13 with Windows . The labels on the tools do not appear, eg, when I place the cursor on, say, the pet palette icons, a blank rectangle appears. If, however, if I was to place the cursor on the toolbar icons, it seems fine. It works on my XP computer which is a laptop, but not the Win 7. I've tried asking Archicad support more than a week ago, but nobody has replied.

Two other people, that I know of. at college have exprienced the same problem.

Can anyone help me please. I'm flying blind - not ideal as a learner!!

Thanks,

Hayley
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hayley_D wrote:
...... The labels on the tools do not appear, eg, when I place the cursor on, say, the pet palette icons, a blank rectangle appears. ...............
Can you post a screen shot? And;
List complete system profile for faster help.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are you on Windows 7?

If so, I would try closing ArchiCAD and (if you aren't already) switching to a Windows Aero Theme:

Start> Control Panel> Personalization> Aero Theme> Windows 7 (for example).

If that doesn't work, you could try changing the following registry entry to 1:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD-64\ArchiCAD-(Version)\Driver Error Patch\Force All Bad Layered Windows.

Make a backup first if you're worried about ballsing it up!

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies.

I am already using Aero, but I must admit that the prospect of changing the registy does freak me out, but I will try it if other solutions are not found.

I posted this same question in the "Specific Questions" and luckily got a few responses. The one that worked was to change the resoution back to 100%.

Although it worked, it also means that my eyesight will deteriorate looking at the smaller print for hpurs on end.

Apparently Graphisoft are aware of the problem, and need more people to complain.

Fingers crossed that they'll fid a fix.

Thanks again for your help.

Hayley
Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a shocker with my spelling - sorry everyone.

Hayley.
Learn and get certified!