BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Lag selecting or closing tools AC23/24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm not sure whether there is any solution for this, if so, could you please share it with me???

I'm experiencing a huge lag when I double-click on any tool, it doesn't matter whether it's a wall, slab, object, or whether it's in 2D or 3D view... when I double-click on any tool, it takes about 5 seconds to load settings window. When I'm done with parameters and want to close setting window, there's again 5 seconds delay before I can continue work. Any idea why?

My PC: i7 7700k, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super

A million thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
I have no idea really, but are your video card drivers up to date?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Barry, all of my drivers are up to date, Windows too (win10).
I have uploaded a vid of the issue, this is it:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eHYegRxwU3ckSc4dA
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it might be AV that is doing it, I have ESET Internet Security, so I added the whole GRAPHISOFT folder to exception list within HIPS and Real-time protection. Nothing worked, still the same.
Barry Kelly
Tom86uk wrote:
I thought it might be AV that is doing it, I have ESET Internet Security, so I added the whole GRAPHISOFT folder to exception list within HIPS and Real-time protection. Nothing worked, still the same.

When you are adding exclusions to your antivirus, as well as the main program folder, don't forget to add the Graphisoft folder in your user profile.
Also in your user folder are some hidden folders in AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming - you will have to show hidden files/folders to see these.
They contain file that Archicad is accessing all of the time - so add them to your exception list as well.

Also check whether Windows Defender has been disabled - not needed if you have your own AV.
I think it should be off by default when you install another AV.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

This situation is pretty rare. I saw some cases where the tool is slow with a very big file, but here it's an empty file, and the tools are very slow to react. I'm wondering if this issue just happen recently or it happens from the beginning? If it happens recently, could it be that some OS/driver updates gone wrong?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!