Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Latest NVidia driver 163.75 problems anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like to stay current as much as the next guy but this latest driver from NVidia 163.75 is causing some wack-a-doodle tricks in my 3D window.
Model will disappear to gray screen, flashing, blinking window...cant select objects...panning-scrolling problems......etc...

I reverted back to driver 162.18 and seems to fix the problem.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup.. 163.75 no stable in AC11
My system Vista Ultimate X64 and grafik card 8800 GTX some problem blinking window, panning-scrolling problems
Choose Driver 162.18 very very stable on system Win XP Pro SP2, 8800 GTX or Card 7900 series.

Thx, Eddy

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
nvidia cards seem to have issues with AC11, already discussed, the latest comments here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=103398&highlight=kliment#103398

but there is a lot more complains about nvidia cards all around the forum...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course, I've heard complaints about ATI as well, and the "broken glass" problem seems to relate to some of their older cards. I think it's just that drivers (whether video or printer) tend to be troublesome bits of technology. Basically anything that allows the computer to get any actual work done. Or put another way, most problems seem to arise at the interface with the analog world.