Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

License Reset

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I upgraded Windows and now my license is lost. Is there a way to remotely deactivate a license??

I seem to be stuck without it.

If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.
4 REPLIES 4
Hello Tandem.Design,

I do not think an OS is able to reset a Codemeter Key for example.
What kind of license do you mean ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to use Archicad after updating to windows 10 PRO from Home version. Now it says my archicad is invalid and i am not able to download the product license because i think archicad thinks i "have a new computer".

I need to disable the my license from the "old" machine
Barry Kelly
Tandem.Design wrote:

If you are using a software license then yes, you need to send that license back to your 'pool' from the old machine.
If you no longer have access to that old machine, you will need to contact your Archicad support people and have them transfer the license back to the pool for you.

I wouldn't have thought that upgrading windows would make your system appear as a new machine.
You manage the software licenses through the 'License Manager' program.
Does this not work on your system now?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Tandem.Design wrote:
I tried to use Archicad after updating to windows 10 PRO from Home version. Now it says my archicad is invalid and i am not able to download the product license because i think archicad thinks i "have a new computer".

Hello,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

If you are using Software key, I'm afraid that the key container had been destroyed during the upgrading process. Unfortunately in this case, you need to contact your local support/distributor to replace your key.

I hope this will help you with this issue. Feel free to ask if you have any further questions. Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT