BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Licensing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, can anyone tell me, is there a license for multiple computers for ArchiCAD? for example autodesk has a licence for autocad for 5 computers or 10, can i buy a license like that? I've sent an e-mail in Graphisoft in Budapest but i didn't get an answer (how rude :@)... ow and please don't tell me to call my local reseller i've done that too (not much of a help) ... thanks anyway.
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
You can buy a server license with the amounts of licenses you need.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erich
Contributor
Of course, if you don't need to run the multiple machines at the same time, you can install a single license on as many machines as you like. You can even run them simultaneously. but only the one with the dongle will run the full version. The others will run in demo mode which means you cannot print or save.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erich wrote:
....The others will run in demo mode which means you cannot print or save.
Correction: Demo version can print.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Erich
Contributor
Whoops, posting from memory.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Barry Kelly
Yes you can get a network key with as many licenses as you require.
These are not as portable as stand alone keys though.
The WIBU-key network licenses only work with direct network access to the machine with the key on it or via a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection over the internet.

You can also get the Codemeter network key from which you can "borrow" a license to run Archicad on any other machine and it does not have to be connected to the network.
It is as if you have your own stand alone license.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
You can buy a server license with the amounts of licenses you need.

This is, that you are refereing to, a demo versions for other PC's? or full licences? because I'm not planning to buy license for every individual computer its TOO expensive. can you elaborate this if you know about this? thanks 🙂

ow and does this means that i will only have to buy only one license of MEP modeler, ECO Designer or Virtual Building Explorer?
Eduardo Rolon
The licenses in the server float so you can have 3 licenses and 5 users but only 3 can be using the licenses at the same time.

About MEP etc. I don't know you should ask either your reseller (I read your previous comment) or get in touch with graphisoft US for the info.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Barry wrote:
Yes you can get a network key with as many licenses as you require.
These are not as portable as stand alone keys though.
The WIBU-key network licenses only work with direct network access to the machine with the key on it or via a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection over the internet.

You can also get the Codemeter network key from which you can "borrow" a license to run Archicad on any other machine and it does not have to be connected to the network.
It is as if you have your own stand alone license.

Barry.
Exactly.

The Codemeter network key is the most flexible because it does allow you to 'borrow' a license onto a laptop and go home with it:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/CodeMeter/LicenseBorrowing

Again, as Barry and Eduardo are saying: you only buy the number of licenses you need. The sharing feature lets people on your network 'grab' a license (if available) on a first come first served basis. If your server is in a locked room, your license key is also physically secured. The alternative is to buy several individual licenses and then everyone has to go looking for who has a keyplug that they are not using and borrow it from them. In a larger office, this is a nightmare.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!