Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

M3 MacBook Pro and OS 14.0 Sonoma

ZM1
Participant

Compatibility with AC27+ Enscape?

When to expect?

Regards, 

Zarko

5 REPLIES 5
ZM1
Participant

Sorry, additional question:

How is going to work my old USB licence key on USB c M3 mac book ports?

Thanks

Z.Madunic

Craig Bagley
Contributor

I would guess a USB-C to USB adapter (which I'm currently trying to confirm w/Apple myself)

AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
_nique_
Contributor

USB-C to USB-A adapter works without any issues - I've been using the dongle this way on my MacBook for years.

I'm also very interested in the compatibility and performance of the new M3 processors with ArchiCAD and Enscape, especially because of the hardware ray tracing. Perhaps someone can already assess this?

Karl Ottenstein

As others said, a USB-A adapter is all that is needed to use the USB-A Codemeter, or any other USB-A devices.  If you have other devices (scanner, printer, older disk drives, etc) best solution is a port expander / hub / dock.

I'm not sure why the questions about M3 compatability.  There is nothing architecturally or software-wise unique about the new M3 MacBook Pro vs the M2 series (or M1 for that matter) other than more cores, speed, and slower memory bandwidth.  Nothing that would make anything NOT run on an M3 that runs on an M2 or M1.

Sonoma is the only issue, not the M3.  For updates on issues with Sonoma... visit this article:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/macOS-14-Sonoma/ta-p/385787

This isn't the place for Enscape questions as it is not a Graphisoft product.  Visit their forums for Sonoma compatibility questions.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon

USB-A to USB-C Adapter have always worked since they removed the USB-A port with the 2016 Macbook Pros with Touchbar.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator