Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

MEP license install in DEMO mode instead of Educational

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please do not move this thread to the "Student" forum as I tried that without any response. The following shows the steps I took to install MEP Modeler to ensure it installed and set the license properly without any success. I am hoping someone from AC/Graphisoft my see this and provide me a way to install the MEP software with the correct license.

1. The first thing I did was to uninstall all of the Archicad and associated software (MEP, goodies, BIM, etc) from my PC.
2. Next I delete all files and folders associated with Archicad and associated software.
3. Next I manually removed all keys in the Registry that were associated with Archicad, Graphisoft, and associated software. I was surprised at the large number of registry keys and files the uninstallers left on my PC.
4. Finally I ran a registry cleaner afterwhich anything related to Archicad,. Graphisoft, and associated software was removed from my PC.

I shut down my PC (completely off) and then turned it back on. I then took the following steps to install Archicad22, MEP modeller and goodies.
1. I downloaded Archicad 22 US 22.0.0.3006 from my MYARCICAD webpage which also had the required educational serial number.
2. I ran the installer.
3. Next I launched AC22 and I was presented with some screens allowing me to choose my version to which I selected the educational version and then selected that I had an educational serial number (NOT a TRIAL). I then filled in the userID and serial number and click OK which caused AC to restart.
4. I opened a .pln file and then clicked on HELP and then license information in the drop down. It showed 2 items AC and Ecodesigner STAR. I clicked on AC22 and it showed the license to be Educational. I did the same with Ecodesigner STAR and it showed the license for it to be Educational.
5. I downloaded MEP modeller Ver. 22.0.0.3006 from my MYARCHICAD webpage. Please note that the page provided a serial number for MEP but I noticed it was the same as the serial number for AC22 that I downloaded.
6. I launched the MEP installer and followed the instructions. I was only given a choice of where to install the software. There wasn't an option to select whether the software was demo/trial or educational license. NOTE: AC22 was closed when I installed the MEP software. Should it have been running?
7. I launched AC22 and opened a .pln file. I applied the MEP profile.
8. Next I clicked on HELP followed by clicking on License information. In the new window I selected each of the 3 items (AC22, Ecodesigner STAR, and MEP). As before, AC22 and Ecodesigner STAR showed their licenses as Educational but the MEP showed the license as DEMO and not Educational.

I believe I followed the install procedures correctly. I know you indicated that I need to uninstall the "demo" version of AC22 but as you can see my version of AC22 is "educational". Now as I said I cleaned my registry on my PC before installation but if Archicad places a key in the registry that doesn't indicate any relationship to AC I would not have removed it. My gut feel is that there is a registry key that indicates the type of license applied to the MEP software and it is set to indicate "DEMO" mode. I was wondering if there is anyway to change the license that the MEP software uses? I would hate to have to uninstall everything and install all over again.

Any and all assistance is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Response will be the same on both threads.

Deleted the previous one but please do not double post. I cannot offer any advice here except that I know my students do run MEP without issues. If I get any info I'll post but no garantees.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello ejrolon.
Went to delete the other post but it wasn't there. Being frustrated I re-installed everything and then opened an existing project. So I dropped some MEP elements into my layout and saved it. I then closed AC and then reopened the same file and to my surprise the MEP elements were still there. I checked the license info and it stills says demo but it didn't delete the MEP elements when the file was saved. It responded like the Educational licensed version. Since it seems to be working OK I will disregard the license issue at this time.
This post can be closed.

Regards