Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac Users: Do not upgrade to macOS 14.0 Sonoma before reading this...

Karl Ottenstein

macOS 14.0 Sonoma was released today (September 26, 2023).  Every year, a bunch of folks immediately upgrade and then start posting here about things that don't work.  Don't be one of those people 😀 Instead, first read Norbert Kucsma's official Graphisoft article on Sonoma compatibility here:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/macOS-14-Sonoma/ta-p/385787

Edit:  See Norbert's message below that 26 and 27 are compatible today.  However, it is worth reviewing the issues in the article linked above to see if they will impact you enough that you'd want to wait for the next updates to each of those versions.

In particular, note in the article that Archicad 23 and earlier will not even start under Sonoma.  If you are still using 23 or earlier, please do not upgrade your macOS!

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
41 REPLIES 41

Hey Geoff.  No, unfortunately this is not the primary place to report bugs as the participation of any GS staff is not guaranteed and will not link any reports to the user in a way for subsequent interaction that the case management system will.

On the other hand, I encourage everyone to report fully documented bugs here (in their own thread, in the related/most-appropriate forum for the issue, with a very precise subject line perhaps with a "Bug: " prefix.  Do not post any personal info.  Then when you do contact your local technical support channel, include a link to the bug thread here, where tech support will then have the benefit of additional feedback from other users including verification (or not) and workarounds.

Often, tech support will want a PLA file or other info that should not be posted here... and the normal tech support interaction provides a method to upload that to them.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Geoff Briggs
Mentor

Roger that. Thanks Karl. I think I will use the prefix "Sonoma Bug:"

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
cmmccoy
Contributor

I recently upgraded to MacOS Sonoma because the "known issues" seem minor enough to control. However, my program crashes nearly every time if I'm editing a Text Label and hit the "delete" key while in editing mode.

Has anyone else encountered this bug and is there a know work-around?

I haven't noticed this issue. Which version of Archicad are you using?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
cmmccoy
Contributor

Version 26 USA Apple Silicon 5003

Hi Cmmccoy,

Thank you for highlighting this issue. I couldn't reproduce it on my end, with AC 26 USA (5003, Apple Silicon). 
Please contact your local support and we will investigate this phenomenon.

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor

Just chiming in after Sonoma update. All AUS versions seem to work fine and licence updated automatically. Curiously AC24 has fixed that Ventura issue it had where line types could only be selected by arrows instead of mouse selection so it was something in OSX that was preventing it.

All we need now is for Datasmith/Twinmotion to release their AC27 plugin and we can start using AC27 properly. Based on last year that should arrive before Christmas.

Agreed, Untill the release, you need to convert your Archicad 27 file to Archicad 26 everytime. Epic Games is working on the Datasmith plugin.

Link to forum:

https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/question/0D54z00009XIpLaCAL/plugin-for-archicad-27-tech-prev?...

Windows 11, Intel Xeon W-2125 CPU @ 4.00GHz (4 cores 8 threads), NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000, 64 GB RAM 2666MHz, 1 TB SSD.
Archicad 17-27
Eduardo Rolon

Or save as FBX directly from AC and link to TM, which is one of the updates to 27.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor

I agree with and accept that workarounds for Twinmotion issue are pretty much same as they were last year. There was a glimmer of hope that this year will be different with Technology preview and ample time to carry out all work on both platforms thus allowing seamless and familiar workflow at release date of AC27. There is always AC28 I guess and we can only hope.