BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac Users: Do not upgrade to macOS 14.0 Sonoma before reading this...

Karl Ottenstein

macOS 14.0 Sonoma was released today (September 26, 2023).  Every year, a bunch of folks immediately upgrade and then start posting here about things that don't work.  Don't be one of those people 😀 Instead, first read Norbert Kucsma's official Graphisoft article on Sonoma compatibility here:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/macOS-14-Sonoma/ta-p/385787

Edit:  See Norbert's message below that 26 and 27 are compatible today.  However, it is worth reviewing the issues in the article linked above to see if they will impact you enough that you'd want to wait for the next updates to each of those versions.

In particular, note in the article that Archicad 23 and earlier will not even start under Sonoma.  If you are still using 23 or earlier, please do not upgrade your macOS!

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
41 REPLIES 41
ESK
Booster

Good point.

I'm asking out of curiosity: Why would anyone use Archicad 23?

Windows 11, Intel Xeon W-2125 CPU @ 4.00GHz (4 cores 8 threads), NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000, 64 GB RAM 2666MHz, 1 TB SSD.
Archicad 17-27

I’ve done the upgrade, always do so I can test before rolling out across the office. 

I see Graphisoft have released an article about the update which states that Archicad 26 is compatible with Sonoma but there are some

issues with Archicad 27 that will be fixed with an update. However, the earlier article @Karl Ottenstein refers to seems to state that Archicad 27 is compatible (except an issue with the cloud license feature) but 26 is not until an update is released. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up this topic. 

I understand that the wording of the article may have been confusing, I've edited it and hopefully, it's clearer now.

Archicad 26 and Archicad 27 are compatible with macOS 14 Sonoma, there are some minor issues that will be fixed later in upcoming updates.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Thanks you very much for clarifying. Do you have any idea when the updates might be available?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

There are many users here that are using much older versions than even 23 for budgetary reasons, or perhaps to continue old projects without migration.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
proto
Advocate

too late...

now what?

trying to figure out why just starting the program and signing in isn't working...but maybe I have to release the license? even tho it's me that has it?

license-popup.png

uploaded license...still not showing (yes, we have the ssa)

off to read OP's linked article now... [didn't address license bit & neither did the "update the license" link that points to archicad 25  license manager help...no "update" button]

the licensing controls are a huge sore point with me now, & increasing my frustration each time i have to log in over and over again with a popup that doesn't allow the OS to use your stored passwords

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro

I assume you have updated your licenses to version 27?

This post says that the USA licenses can't be updated until next week.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/ArchiCAD-27-Installation-USA-Version/td-p/39...

I have just checked mine (AUS) in License Manager and it updated to 27.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for pointing me to that post — I had not found it yet.

That explains it

Thank you!

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
Geoff Briggs
Mentor

I have upgraded to Sonoma. AC26 is working pretty well with a few bugs related to pet palette functions. In the past we were always told to report bugs to our regional affiliate, in my case Graphisoft North America. But with the welcome participation of Graphisoft employees on these forums I wonder if we should not simply report these things right here with the opportunity for screenshots and short videos.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Learn and get certified!