BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac error during install of AC 16

drh64
Contributor
I got this message after installing 16. What is it and what does it mean?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if that is what happened to me, My install went through, informed me I needed to restart, then was stuck on the grey boot up screen and never fully restarted. Had to restore the system from time machine. Never saw that warning message though, I'm going to try again tomorrow.
Karl Ottenstein
Weird. My /System/Library/Extensions does not have anything like this GAROFPrintClassDriver.kext ... and I cannot find anything similar via Google...

Wonder if you got a (gasp) Mac virus of some kind... Did you try deleting the kext - if it is in fact in your /System/Library/Extensions folder - and rebooting?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Looks like some Canon printer driver bsed on a search on Google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=GAROFWPrintClassDriver#hl=hu&sa=X&ei=BjP8T7KmJ4zVsgb46_XFBQ&ved=0CDw...

Maybe you could try to reinstall it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have successfully installed 16 on one of my machines, the other (after 2 attempts) still won't restart properly. Any idea as to which system files are changed during installation? I think that is where the problem is occurring.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Karl wrote:
Weird. My /System/Library/Extensions does not have anything like this GAROFPrintClassDriver.kext ... and I cannot find anything similar via Google...

Wonder if you got a (gasp) Mac virus of some kind... Did you try deleting the kext - if it is in fact in your /System/Library/Extensions folder - and rebooting?
kext files in the Extensions directory are typically device driver software. This is almost certainly a printer driver as Laszlo suggested. I avoid most software bundled with printers these days because they are typically poorly written and problems like these are not uncommon. The Mac OS has a vast range of drivers at its disposal, so adding other drivers is often unnecessary.

BTW - there are no genuine viruses on the Mac OS yet. Trojans, yes, there are a few. A real virus would be big news.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
By not allowing the install to change any of the system files (clicking cancel when it asked for my password) I got the program installed and it seems to be working fine. Not sure exactly what didn't get installed though.
Learn and get certified!