Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

MacBook Pro display problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else suffering from graphics/display problems on MBPro like this?

When working in AC, often I get random redraws of parts of the window, almost as if the screen was redrawing from bottom right to upper left without my initiation. Just in AC plan window for now. I also get patches of color, too, randomly popping up - from purple to blue to yellow. No pattern that I can detect.

In the Finder and other programs, I have these horizontal lines that randomly appear, too. Sometimes they disappear, and sometimes just occur in program window (Mail, Safari, AC, etc) and when I jump to Finder and then back to window they disappear. It is becoming quite frustrating. I am suspecting a graphics card, but I am not certain.

Random system freezes have been occurring as well, and I am not sure if they are related. System just hangs, 3-key salute to get it resolved.

Thanks.

AC11 [1114]; mbpro 1,1 ; 2gb ram; 2ghz; ATI RadeonX1600, 128MB Vram, 32-bit color; driver version 01.00.068; osx 10.5.2; leopard graphics update installed
4 REPLIES 4
Thomas Holm
Booster
There's a thread about imacs and more here. Some MBPs are also suffering. It's probably an Apple + ATI problem, that surfaces when - or after - you've been using an OGL-heavy app like Archicad. GS are working with Apple on it.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
Please see this post by G. Kmethy of GS Tech Support giving a workaround for the problem until Apple issues a fix:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=117707#117707

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys!

I will give it a shot and see what happens. So far, no crash in 4hrs, 2+ of which were heavy AC work.

I will post again if things are not better.

Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys,

Turns out my logic board bit the dust. I haven't yet fired up AC11, but all other problems have disappeared with a new lboard. Thanks for your input!

Chris