Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Memory full

Anonymous
Not applicable
I loaded a file, originally created in AC 16, using AC 17. I get the following report

c:program files\graphisoft\Archicad 17\ArchiCAD.exe
unused in temporary folder : 272584.1 mb

Memory full!

What is going wrong. How can I resolve the problem?

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated

Chris Tebbutt

Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Main Circuit Board 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 860
8152 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 489.70 GB 285.02 GB free
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Right click on "Computer" choose Properties and in "Advanced System Settings" choose "Advanced" tab, under performance click on settings and then again on "Advanced" tab. Under "Virtual Memory" there is a "change" button, click on it, choose the "System Drive" and under that you will see custom size radio button, select it, uncheck the "Automatically manage page size" and set the desired virtual memory. In initial size I usually set the Recommended (its in the bottom of the window) and for Maximum size I set 50% more of the recommended. After setting all this first hit "Set" button and then OK. This allows the software to use some of the hard drives as RAM memory in case the RAM gets full.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The algorithm that checks whether a mesh is valid or not has a flaw. It will be fixed in AC18. See: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Troubleshooting/SelfIntersectingMeshMemoryFull

But my suggestion is this: Go to Options>Work Environment>Imaging and Calculation... and uncheck the box next to "Write Report". After this you should be able to work in the file without having to make any changes to your mesh.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center