Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

More information on the High-end systems requirements

Dear,

Following the purchase of new workstations for our architectural office, we would have liked to receive more information about the system requirements for workstations.

Ask:
Can anyone provide more information on the High-end systems requirements? More than on the graphisoft website?
Which processor is recommended? Intel Core i9, Intel Xeon, AMD Ryzen 9, …
The Graphisoft website makes recommendations for High-end systems where the following information is shared: Graphics requirements DirectX11-compatible card with 8GB memory.
Is it the case that an NVIDIA T1000 8GB card is already sufficient? Or is it useful to switch to NVIDIA GeForce RTX or NVIDIA RTX or AMD Radeon Pro?

Explanation;
We are an office with large-scale projects. We work in Archicad 27 via a teamwork server. The elaboration of the models is at a high level. We often integrate / link IFC, AutoCAD 3D and other 3D documents to the ArchiCAD model.

Today our most powerful desktop in the office is a DELL XPS with:
• 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-13900K processor (24 cores, 32 threads, up to 5.8GHz)
• NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4080, 16GB GDDR6X
• RAM 64GB (2x32GB DDR5)
• 2x1 TB SSD

It still takes +-15 minutes with this PC to open an Archicad teamwork project. (On our older PCs this takes up to 1 hour)
It often takes a while to switch between 2D plan view and 3D views.
Once we want to navigate in a 3D environment there are no problems/delays. The same applies to plan display.

Kind regards,

Omar Naert
Architect
for LD-ARCHITECTS

Operating system used: Windows 23H2

1 REPLY 1
Scott Boyd Turner
Enthusiast

The specification of the hardware as above is very high and should be sufficient, what is probably requiring work will be the networking. At initial starup when loading the model much data is sent back and forth between the server and the workstation, you probably need to investigate 10G network systems and a high performance server with multiple high performance (10G +) connections to your network.

Regards,

Scott

Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB

Setup info provided by author