BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Multiple installation EDU + Commercial

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am teaching some ArchiCAD and have had no success trying to install a EDU version alongside my licensed version.
It used to be that if you did not use the dongle the edu version would start work, so that was no problem.
I tried to install AC13 as an edu license alongside my own but the installer only lets me remove or repair the existing installation.

Any advice appreciated as I need to work on EDU files for my students.
2 REPLIES 2
Gorazd
Booster
The way I do it is to first install EDU version and when prompted for the location for the installation I add EDU at the end of folder name (.../Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 14 EDU). After the installation I check if everything works and the I go and manualy change the name of ArchiCAD 14 EDU folder to something different.

Repeat the process and install commercial licence to i.e. /Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 14 folder. Again check if it is working ok, then go and rename the EDU folder back to the original name, that you defined upon edu installation. Now just make two shortcuts for ArchiCAD.exe (or ArchiCAD.app if you are on Mac).
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Gorazd,
So, I rename my AC installed folder to fool the installer, make my new installation,then rename and work out the shortcuts to each. Sounds like a good idea!
I will give that a go.. but since I have my commercial license already installed with endless updates and add-ons I might try installing EDU second.. will advise results...
Learn and get certified!