Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mystery 2d Sketch rendering appearance in main 2d window?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

Tried searching for this but cant find an answer anywhere.. I woke my computer out of sleep mode while archicad was active by mashing some keys and i've come back to archicad in sketch drawing mode! - see attached screenshot

Can someone please shed light on what ive done here? cant find any setting to turn this on or off and cant re-create it when opening the project again.

I've opened the same plan in another instance and it is normal again, this 'sketch mode' also prints out normally.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
just to add, while working in this mode the immediate area of a new line etc being drawn reverts to normal until the operation is complete and the sketch look is refreshed..

Section and elevation windows are appearing normally..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Never seen that happen before, but I like it.

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking it might be a graphics card issue, rather than Archicad itself. Are your drivers up to date?

Does it happen on other files or just this one?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I think its possibly a hidden feature that a glitch in the video driver activated when exiting the 3d nvidia screensaver.. when I adjusted the video hardware settings slider fully to the left it all disappeared and wouldnt come back when set back to full.

It looked way too deliberately hand drawn to be a driver bug!

I can't replicate it now but it looked great while it lasted