Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

New file REPAIR

Botonis
Advisor

In Archicad 26 even when I created a new empty file with the default template, everytime I opened the file with repair enabled Archicad gave this message of missing elements after repair.........!!!!!

I never got this message for a  healthy file.

The same thing is happening in 27. All my files, even new empty ones give the message that they have been repaired instead of "the file was healthy".

Any idea form anyone would be helpful.

Greetings to all

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

Ha, I talked with the devs just about that shortly ago.

The reason: Your file is fine. This message is not helpful, because just by opening it temporary data will be produced – and promptly deleted by the repair command. So you actually can never have a "good" file...

It's totally bonkers.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Thanks, @runxel,!

This didn,'t happen in 25...

You were sure that something was wrong or not with the file. 

With 26 and now with the 27 repair does not make in difference on the basis of reassuring the user that the file is Ok, 

Should we consider it a bug? 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

For GS that probably means it's a feature 🤣

But yeah, the devs know about it, if they care enought to fix this annoying thing.... who knows. Until then, you just have to assume it's fine.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»