BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Nonresponsive / Freezing Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had problems working in both A12 & AC13 - no major issues with AC11. When I toggle between views (section/plan/elevation) AC becomes nonresponsive and freezes when I'm working in A12 or AC13. I've contacted Graphisoft several times and they are not able to help.

(My graphics card has been updated.)

Graphisoft seems to think it is the configuration of my computer. Any suggestions or similar issues?

Thanks in advance!

Michelle
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Both AC12 and AC13 demand much more from your graphic card. For instance due to the Trace and Reference.
Similair cards have not passed the test
here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue, but Archicad freezes mostly in the 3d window never on teh floor plan and occassionally in section or elevation.

It doesn't seem to make a difference on bigger or smaller jobs it even happens on shed's and carport's.

It never happened on AC 11, but it does on 12 and 13, and ive never experienced this on my mac but it happens on my work pc 5-10 times a day, sometimes more! This makes my day extremely frustrating.

my comp was upgraded from
- pentium 3, 256 ram on board graphics and 2 gig memory

to
- core 2 duo, 1 gig graphics, 4 gig memory (xp so only 3 gig is in use) and a new mother board

and it still happens, any help would be fantastic,

i think it might have something to do with the autosave function, but don't know how,

help please!
Anonymous
Not applicable
When the computer is generating a 3D the video card starts working and is being controlled by the driver. So both the hardware and the software of the video card are important.
First make sure your hardware meets the system requirements. In your case I doubt it, because you mention on-board video card, which are not suitable for professional graphic software.
Here you can find the system_requirements. And here are Graphisoft recommendations for Video Cards.
But the driver (the software) controls the hardware and needs to be updated too. Surf to the website of the manufacturer and download the latest driver.

Now you have invested in professional software like ArchiCAD, you need to have the professional equipment to run it. Don't assume that any home-computer can run ArchiCAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I've Written, that was what I had, NOW the (work) computer has been upgraded to well over the required,

a new motherboard E8600, Core2 Duo Processor @ 3.33 GHz, 1 Gb NVIDIA GTS 250 and 4 Gb RAM, running xp pro,

and archicad is still behaving the same way.

My macbook im running at home, is stock with 2Gb RAM with the standard 256Mb graphics card, and not once have i had an issue.

I will investigate further on the driver, is there anything else that could be conflicting with AC, something peripheral possibly that could be disabled?
Learn and get certified!