Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Nvidia Quadro FX Go1000/Open GDL problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just bought a Dell Precision M60 notebook with a Nvidia Quadro FX Go1000 graphics card. In Archicad 9 i open a file and go to my 3D window in 'Open GDL' setting and the whole program shuts down. Tried a 3D in 'Internal 3D Engine' and works fine. My friend has a similar notebook with a Quadro FX Go700 and he has no problems with Open GDL.

Anyone experiencing similar problems? Is this a graphics card compatibility issue with Archicad 9?
4 REPLIES 4
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Robbo,
It shouldn't be a problem. But the first thing I would do is go and check to see if I had the latest drivers. I have found that many new computers are sold with old graphics drivers installed.

So start there and see if that yields any thing.
HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ben,

I've already downloaded and installed the latest display drivers from Dell. They also have an updated display bios driver which i haven't installed yet. Not sure if this will help. Might give it a try.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same openGL card.

Actually
1) download the nvidia drivers.
2) the nview desktopmanager is installed.
3) DEACTIVATE the nview manager.

If its is activated , arcicad in my computer, exits immidiately.
toofuerte
Contributor
I have a similar graphics card, and I updated the drivers to the new ones AC 8.1 would crash everytime I would go to 3D and open GL and I found problems that that software was not installed in the directX info.
Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26