Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

OS X Yosemite & Logitech mouse

DGSketcher
Legend
My quite young Logitech Performance MX (wireless) mouse has started misbehaving and I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software fault.

It's not AC specific with the same thing manifesting in other apps and the OS X desktop. The problem I'm seeing is when I press and hold (left button) I will get the desired result e.g. start to drag but then the pointer will loose focus and start operating on something else e.g. dragging another window. In AC this usually results in dragging things I'd really like left in place!

What's concerning me is I've tried an old hardwire Logitech mouse and had the same sort of problems. I've tried updating and installing the latest Logitech software which required rebooting but it hasn't cured the problem.

Any suggestions for fixing or confirmation from others that they aren't seeing this with logitech mice would be appreciated.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
My quite young Logitech Performance MX (wireless) mouse has started misbehaving and I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software fault.

It's not AC specific with the same thing manifesting in other apps and the OS X desktop. The problem I'm seeing is when I press and hold (left button) I will get the desired result e.g. start to drag but then the pointer will loose focus and start operating on something else e.g. dragging another window. In AC this usually results in dragging things I'd really like left in place!

What's concerning me is I've tried an old hardwire Logitech mouse and had the same sort of problems. I've tried updating and installing the latest Logitech software which required rebooting but it hasn't cured the problem.

Any suggestions for fixing or confirmation from others that they aren't seeing this with logitech mice would be appreciated.
Happened to me, and some of my students sometimes. For us it was new desks.
A mousepad fixed it

I always recommend a mouse with cord btw. Cordless mouses are not so great for dropping the ball, or the line now and then.
Eduardo Rolon
For Logitech mouse I have always recommended to use Steermouse as the driver http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/download.php and never use Logitech's drivers.

Here are a list of Posts dealing with Logitech problems in Mac OS

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/search.php?mode=results
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks for the replies. I gave the Logitech a bullet today as even without the Logitech drivers loaded it was still unstable with what I assume are Apple's native drivers.

Much as I liked the ergonomics of the MX I have replaced it with a Magic Mouse. It doesn't feel as comfortable but I'm sure I'll get used to it, at least I can move things without having to try doing the same task repeatedly.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)