Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

OSX wont let me launch AC with a WkServer but XP does

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i am having trouble connecting to my works server with Leopard to use our license through internet so we can work on the go. Xp lets me connect right away. Ive used an IP-adress before once to try the wkserver if it works and it did. but this time its not an IP-add but a Server name.

Am I missing something here?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
XP lets me connect to my works server, but OSX does not. i add the server adress (not ip-number) in OSX just like i did in XP but it wont let me launch AC.

any help would be much apriciated!
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, we have tried everything now. i am the only mac user at the office and no one else is having any problem connecting to the server from home/internet, meaning not directly connected to our server through LAN.

I have tried with the the servers IP-adress aswell, and for everyone else it works but me. it works when i try with XP on my other partition, but i do not work in XP unless i have to.

PLEASE help ='(
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i am having trouble connecting to my works server with Leopard to use our license through internet so we can work on the go/from home. Xp lets me connect right away. Ive used an IP-adress before once to try the wkserver to another spot and it worked perfectly. This time ive both tried the server name and the servers IP-adress. It works perfectly for all my collueges, but they all use XP, both using a server name or servers IP. It works well with my XP partition aswell but i do not like to work in windows enviroment, i have a mac...

PLEASE, ive tried everything here, do anyone have any ideas??
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Agus,

I feel your frustration, but you must realize (1) this is not the official tech support channel for Graphisoft and (2) no matter how frustrated, you must obey the forum rules and not duplicate your posts. I've merged your other post into this thread. The 'Hardware' forum is the place for asking wibu key questions, and so I'm moving the merged thread over there.

I'm glad you asked the question, since I did not realize that one could access a wibu key server remotely over the internet. Learned something new. 😉

Can you connect to the server to access files? What is the OS on the server? Is it only the wibu key that is the problem? Sounds like a problem with the firewall set up on your Leopard machine and/or the firewall on the server.

You should contact the GS tech support for Sweden to get immediate assistance with this problem.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
__archiben
Booster
open your firewall port #22347

(also - check this post: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14714 - you may have to set wkConfig to look in the right place as well.)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry Karl, i guess like u said, my frustration got me desperate.

Yes u can acces the key remotely through the internet. We use windows server 2003 i think. I am not fully aware how everything works, our tech guy set it all up. We do not understand though why Leopard wont let me connect.

Archiben, thanx for ur help. I am tho having trouble accessing the IP-configuration for Leopard. It looks like youre running Tiger. Ive tried through the terminal to open the 22347 port tho,. even tho im not sure if i did the right thing, i am a Mac newbie still...

How can i open the 22347 port with leopard? ive tried googleing cant find a descent answer without going to terminal... and that didnt work either. I checked the other post about finding it and yes, its all set up correctly.
Karl Ottenstein
Agus wrote:
How can i open the 22347 port with leopard? ive tried googleing cant find a descent answer without going to terminal... and that didnt work either. I checked the other post about finding it and yes, its all set up correctly.
I found the same thing. Very surprised that Apple themselves do not have a technote on enabling specific ports with ipfw, since they so dramatically revamped the firewall interface for Leopard.

The closest I could find was this thread:
http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=7049593

where one guy gives example ipfw commands (although he spelled delete as deletem, which would not work)...and points to some 3rd party firewall tools.

In Terminal, 'man ipfw' will give you the insanely complex documentation on the ipfw command. (Also ipfw8.html if the developer tools are installed on yours system.)

You could try entering this in Terminal:
sudo ipfw add allow tcp from 22347 to 22347
as the guy in the thread said, after that entering
sudo ipfw list
should list the rules. I got this after doing it:
00100 allow tcp from 0.0.87.75 to 0.0.87.75
65535 allow ip from any to any
See if things work. If not, delete the rule to go back to where things were. In my case, it is rule 00100, so
sudo ipfw delete 00100
I hope Ralph or some Mac wizard comes across this thread to help you - otherwise you may want to contact AppleCare for help? Hopefully there is some easier way...

Karl

PS I have my Leopard firewall set for 'set access for specific services and applications'.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Another idea...

Port 22347 is the default port used by the WIBU client. It can be verified or changed by going to Applications > WIBUKEY (or looking under WIBUKEY in your AC folder) and running WkConfig. (Actually, the fastest way to run it is to just press cmd-spacebar to activate spotlight and then type wkconfig - the application should be highlighted - just press enter to run.)

Click the Client tab and you'll see the port listed. Perhaps you have been there to add your servers via the "+" sign already.

I wonder if something so simple as adding WkConfig to the list of allowed applications might do the trick? (Click the + sign in the Firewall dialog.)

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanx alot Karl, yeah ive tried all that already, also the terminal commands aswell. my firewall setting is set to allow all and ive tried also not allowing all and adding both wkconfig and archicad to the allowed list.

ive tried 2 ip-adresses now that should work and none of them work. i am starting to think it might have soemthing to do with my internet carrier or maybe not im so confused since XP lets me connect. i was just working in XP and it all worked fine from home. but when at work, i can connect with OSX through wireless with the IP-adress but this is only because i am "inside" the offices "server"... ah its a complicated situation i guess and i cant explain it well since i dont understand it myself.

one thing ive noticed though, in XP the Wibu searches for the key for a long time, longer than when i use it at work connected with LAN cable to server and much faster than using the WIBU-USB. But in Leopard it takes no time at all for it to say that there is no valid key to find... its like its not even searching. even tho i think it does but gives up very quickly... weird!

i will try and call the tech support in Malmö next week and see what they have to say...

thanx again!