Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

OpenGL engine problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have just purchased a new Toshiba laptop 2.0ghz, 2gig memory, with a Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 graphics card, running vista. I'm running AC10 EDU on it and everything runs fine except for one glitch with the OpenGL 3d engine. If i set my 3d window to OpenGL 3d engine i can use the explore model function and it works fine. i can also navigate the model with pan, orbit etc however as soon as i release the pan button, the image disappears. the navigation is smooth and of a high quality it just won't hold a static image of the model on the screen.... does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? (I've looked into upgrading the driver for the graphics card but, being a laptop, Nvidia says i have to obtain the driver from toshiba, and toshiba makes no mention of this driver on any of the support/download sites- so if anyone knows of a location or solution to this driver problem that would also be handy. current driver is dated december last year)

oh, it may be worth mentioning that this opengl problem occurs the same way in both wireframe and shaded mode...
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Nick00R wrote:
Hi all,

I have just purchased a new Toshiba laptop 2.0ghz, 2gig memory, with a Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 graphics card, running vista. I'm running AC10 EDU on it and everything runs fine except for one glitch with the OpenGL 3d engine. If i set my 3d window to OpenGL 3d engine i can use the explore model function and it works fine. i can also navigate the model with pan, orbit etc however as soon as i release the pan button, the image disappears. the navigation is smooth and of a high quality it just won't hold a static image of the model on the screen.... does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? (I've looked into upgrading the driver for the graphics card but, being a laptop, Nvidia says i have to obtain the driver from toshiba, and toshiba makes no mention of this driver on any of the support/download sites- so if anyone knows of a location or solution to this driver problem that would also be handy. current driver is dated december last year)

oh, it may be worth mentioning that this opengl problem occurs the same way in both wireframe and shaded mode...
Don't forget Archicad version 10 was not built to run on Vista.
Some people have no problems but many others do and there seems to be no definative answer.
I would look into the video drivers though but not being familiar with vista or laptops and won't be much help.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jefferson
Participant
hey Nick -

you can "root around" here for newer-better drivers, there is lots of commentary about what works best for what rigs, just takes some digging...........but as noted 10 isn't set to run on Vista, so this may or may not help.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?&CODE=01
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Same problem for me on a Mobility Radeon X1600.
This kind of thing comes with the territory when you run AC on unsupported platforms(i have similar problems in v9 on an Intel Mac).
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been facing a similar problem.
One of my projects doesn't show on 3d explore mode (perspective) although in axonometric view its ok. I use openGL rendering.
Other projects show just fine in 3D explore (you can navigate inside the building e.t.c). Therefore I think this is a problem with this project's settings. I have set all perspective settings (view angle etc) according to one of my working project but I still get a white screen.
Could there be a problem with the object libraries? For expample some object might not be able to be rendered in perspective mode and hangs the whole rendering process?
Any ideas?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jdimou:

You might want to check that the camera is not in (or very close to looking at) a wall or object.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14