BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Palettes Lost Off Edge of Screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
NEW Apple 20" Cinema Display
Hi,
After upgrading to this Cinema Display from a CRT, a few palettes have disappeared. Turning them off and on again doesn't help. I'm pretty sure they are in limbo off-screen (they were along the bottom edge on my previous setup; this screen is actually smaller top-to-bottom). The screen is 1680 x 1050.
Other windows and dialog boxes extend off-screen too. On some it's just a nuisance, on others it's a real problem, e.g. for modal dialogs which can't be resized and for which the response buttons are inaccessible.
Resetting the display resolution in Preferences (800x600 and back again) doesn't help. This happens in other apps but it's in AC that it's the biggest problem.
Any fixes/ ideas/ experience?

MacPro Duo Intel Xeon
NVidia GeForce 7300 GT
OS X 10.4.11
AC 10 build 1183
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
While an Archicad Work Environment might be the problem, you might try the "Gather windows" command. See attached.
gather windows.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
and thanks. But, my display preferences pane doesn't /have/ a 'gather windows' option. It looks like the jpg you pasted in, sans the 'arrangement' head and 'gather windows', and with fewer resolution choices.
Someone in our office suggested the same thing, I was puzzled not to find the option.
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
MHMartin wrote:
Hi,
and thanks. But, my display preferences pane doesn't /have/ a 'gather windows' option. It looks like the jpg you pasted in, sans the 'arrangement' head and 'gather windows', and with fewer resolution choices.
Someone in our office suggested the same thing, I was puzzled not to find the option.
Thanks.
MHMartin,

It is not too clear but are both displays connected? If not connect both select detect displays and the gather windows command should appear.

If that is not the case and they are both connected you'll probably have to trash the ArchiCAD preference file. Most likely com.graphisoft.ArchiCAD as this holds the info of the window sizes and location. I don't use AC 11 so maybe someone else can confirm the pref file name as AC always has more that one.

Once upon a time your Mac would run and function without being connected to a display now it doesn't. The only other option would be to plug in the old display and gather everything together. You are trying to reach outside your displays bounds and it is impossible to get there from here.

Opening an example project may work as well provided it was saved with a smaller display though I am not sure what kind of "open with settings" options are still available.

Jeffrey
Rick Thompson
Expert
Have you tried setting the working environment to default? that might reel them in.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've been having the same problem.... Just figured it out:

On top of screen, go to ArchiCAD then Work Environment.

Window pops-up, go to Palette Schemes and click on one of the other stored schemes, hit apply scheme, then ok.

Hopefully the missing palettes will show up within the scheme, if not, try another stored scheme.

Worked for me.

good luck
Learn and get certified!