Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Palettes/windows not appearing on correct monitor(2monitors)

Anonymous
Not applicable
First off, I'm on PC, Windows XP and still using ArchiCAD 9.0. Please bear with me. =]

I have 2 monitors. When I'm working in ArchiCAD alone I have it expand across the 2 monitors. Usually when I try to open a Layer Settings window or Display Options window it would appear in the window where my cursor was located. Now these windows only appear on the right (secondary) monitor.

A few days ago when I started my computer my monitor settings went berserk and mixed up the 2 monitors (Start menu on the right monitor, screen resolution was way off). I played around with the settings and got the monitors back to almost normal. I say "almost" because my Google toolbar that used to be docked to the right side of the right (secondary) screen now can only be docked to the right or left side of the left (primary) screen.

Since then, I have had this problem with the palette or extra windows always appearing on the right monitor regardless of my cursor's position. One thing I notice is before all this happened, when I clicked on Window>Palette Layout, one of the layout schemes would be checked. Now none are checked. In the Work Environment, under Palette Schemes>Stored Schemes my settings are always at Custom. I tried choosing my stored scheme and redefining but it always comes back to Custom.

This seems like a mystery to me. It is hard for me to describe all of the problem and there seems to be so many components that could make this not run properly. If it helps, I have included screen shots of my current dual monitor adapter information. Please let me know if you need any more info. I hope someone has run into a similar situation can help me out. I would really REALLY appreciate it!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's another screen shot of the monitor settings.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mymyly wrote:
...In the Work Environment, under Palette Schemes>Stored Schemes my settings are always at Custom. I tried choosing my stored scheme and redefining but it always comes back to Custom...
My My:

Not that this answers your problem, but I have found that with ArchiCAD 9 (perhaps earlier) to 12, if I go to Work Environment > Palettes Schemes, apply a stored scheme, close the dialog box, then immediately reopen the Work Environment, the Palette Scheme again reads "Custom". The applied scheme works, but for some reason ArchiCAD always goes back to "Custom".

Since you are on such an old version of ArchiCAD, your really should:
You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14