BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Panning Bug in AC 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doing some ArchiCAD training for an office here and I think I may have found a replicatable bug. Do we have some spot to submit that?

Panning with the middle mouse wheel while pgup or pgdn is held results in a loss of display. (view becomes all black).

Admittedly not a common issue but some the mice they have here are preset with a left or right shift in the mouse wheel to indicate pgup and pgdn and that has brought up the issue. I've tested on four machines all running AC15 on win 7 with various different video cards and with a variety of files.

Anyone else notice this?
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
flamingjawa wrote:
Doing some ArchiCAD training for an office here and I think I may have found a replicatable bug. Do we have some spot to submit that?
Tech support. Reporting here is helpful to other users and to verify reproduction, but all bugs should be reported through standard tech support channel. 😉

(Personally, I would not call this a panning bug per se ... I mean, other than the strange mouse configuration, who would press pg up / pg down while panning with the mouse wheel?)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can replicate it in 14 as well. I'm pretty sure this is related to the bug that if one hits escape before the 3D screen is rendered the model space will go black like that.
Learn and get certified!