BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Please, cyrillic language character problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings folks, I have really big problem with cyrillic characters in archicad. Law in my country tells that whole documentation for projects has to be in cyrillic format... I've tried those advices in some of earlier posts (eg. one with changing code to 204 in registry, and one with editing config file in add-on folder) but nothing helps. When I change my keyboard in language bar to cyrillic (either serbian or bosnian) and try to type a name of layer or section name in cyrillic - only thing I get is bunch of "?????????". Is it possible at all solve this? HELP!

-

Pozdrav ljudi, stvarno imam problem sa prikazom cirilicnih slova u archicad-u... (Koristim 11-ku na PC platormi)

Da li je uopste moguce da se imena layer-a, nazivi presjeka i slicne stvari imenuju cirilicom a da pri tome ne dobijem gomilu upitnika?
Ovo mi je stvarno ozbiljan problem jer se sva dokumentacija koju radim u archicad-u mora predati na cirilici. Takav zakon, sta li vec...

Pokusao sam i neke od onih savjeta sa ovog foruma, i stvarno sam vjerovao da ce onaj sa izmjenom koda u registry-ju na 204 (rusko podrucje) pomoci, ali nista... Hiljadu kombinacija sa regional settings-ima i opet nista...

Pomagajte! :+(
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you seen this page in the Wiki?

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Cyrillic_font_problems?highlight=%28cyrillic%29

It sounds like you may have followed the steps already.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I followed those steps and still nothing... Is it possible that there is no support for serbian character set? I've even done same steps that are described in archiwiki (link posted above) and nothing happened! Just bunch of "???????????????????"

I hate "?"!
Djordje
Ace
Well, whether the interface is in Serbian Cyrillic has nothing to do with the output. As your problem is the output, then set the regional settings to Serbian Cyrillic and all should be well ...

Try conversion table 29 and character set 238

Also, check with hiCAD: www.hicad.co.yu

/////

Da ti su ti meniji i imena lejera na cirilici nema veze; ako dokumentacija mora da bude na cirilici, postavi lepo regional settings na srpsku cirilicu i sve bi trebalo da bude u redu.

Probaj konverzionu tabelu 29 i set karaktera 238

Proveri sa hiCADom: www.hicad.co.yu
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing!

Either am I stupid or something like that...

Ok, steps I followed:

1. Control panel -> Regional settings

2. settings as in attached gifs,

3. Settings in file C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 11\Add-Ons\XReadCfg.txt:
DEFMACTOWINCONVTABLE = 29 (either 7)

4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD\ArchiCAD 11.0.0 INT R1\Font Description -> font script code = 238 (either 204)

Combination with cyrillic keyboard as default text input or english - both don't work.

I've even tried with re installing whole archicad.

My version of archicad is 11, and "1086 INT FULL" as is displayed in welcome screen...

Is it possible that I need to change something in that config file in add-on folder? (XReadCfg.txt)
glup1.gif
Djordje
Ace
leziljebovic wrote:
Nothing!

Either am I stupid or something like that.
Does not sound like it ... 😉

Now ... is your problem the OUTPUT or the layers etc?

If the requirement is the output, and that definitely works, just live with the layers etc ... the output is what you get paid for, right?
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, the output looks like this: "??????????????????????" for each field that I enter. I've tried to print almost every combination of charsets and registry values.

I used layout with stamp form in which archicad should insert values from project info (project name, client, city, street...) and that is in all combinations filled with ????'s!!

Even if I write in latin some letters appear to be transformed into others, meaning that I have only two latin characters available (out of 5)

Also, I've tried reinstalling archicad, if that helps at all... Nothing.

Can anyone write steps I have take in order to get that characters in archicad...????

Only cyrillic letters I can see in whole archicad is in ONE window, image attached, and it is about date name (it is spelled correctly in fields "created" and "modified")...
glup3.gif
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well..
Windows XP SP2?
ArchiCAD is not a UniCode software fully, Only text tool work properly.
Follow instruction as in wiki, you might already done that. You should be able to see cyrillics.
This does not mean that you actually can write cyrillic text (for example zones and object fields).
What is missing in that wiki (xp part) article is one tiny setting in advanced tab, see image.
Depending your regional default settings this can totally fuck your reading experience.
In my case all non ascii chars are twisted to cyrillics and some other non unicode sw gets fully cyrillics.

I truly hope that kind people in GS could really make a improvement and make software usable.

Copy paste with different codepages is quite odd way to work.
Some might say even frustrating and time consuming.

Use excel macro or program called cyrcon to paste in cyrillic texts with proper codepage.

And if there is better way to do it, I would like to know...

Petri
Anonymous
Not applicable
Excel macro attached as a text document.
Create macro using that.

Type bunch of cyrillics texts in the cells.
SAVE excel sheet.
Select cells and run macro.

Everything in selected cells change unreadable characters.
Copy and paste to the fields in Archicad.

Do not save excel with unreadable chars.

Definitely true WORKAROUND...

Petri
Djordje
Ace
No attachment?

Probably too big?
Djordje

HP Omen
Learn and get certified!