Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem running archicad 15 on windows 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I think I’ve successfully installed Archidad 15 including the hotfix from here https://graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/AC15/AC15-3898to4056-ReleaseNotes? on my Windows 10 laptop.

However, when I try to start the program I only get the splash screen which disappears after a moment and then nothing. Looking at task manager, when I open Archicad I first see both "ArchiCAD Starter.exe” and “Archicad.exe”. When the splash screen disappears also the “ArchiCAD Starter.exe” disappears from the list of process, while “ArchiCAD.exe” remains. So it seems something is running but there is nothing visible UI wise. Any idea what is the problem?

Thanks,
Jussi
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
15 was a long time ago (9 years) and was not designed to be run on Windows 10.
Having said that, it will run as I have it on my system still.

Make sure you have the correct version of Java installed and also I thing it requires Quicktime to be installed.
Both can be found on the original installation disk for 15.

Do you have an actual license for 15?
Or are you trying to use a downloaded and cracked (un-licensed) version of the software - if so this could also be the problem.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, that's reassuring.

I do have a license, a hardware dongle. Codemeter works fine. Don't feel like buying a new one

I did install both Java and Quicktime from the install media (after first uninstalling the Java I had), so I think the installation got through. I'm not 100% sure though, since it seemed to get stuck in the last "registering Archicad" (or so) phase. I tried installation multiple times after tweaking firewall / virus protection settings. I think that left some lingering processes alive, and... the registration phase I think only went through when I killed some of those. That is to say something might've went wrong in the installation, though in the end it seems like I have a installation, as described in the first post.

Maybe I will try installing again. I did get this working on a Windows 10 VM earlier too.