Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem with Archicad 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello people.
I have a problem and I hope you can help me out.
I want to install Archicad 9 on my computer. My system is Core 2 Quad 8600, 4 Gb of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT.
I think that Archicad 9 is not compatible with this video card. When I begin to install it, appers a blue screen and the computer restarts.

Do you have any ideeas about this problem??
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Computer sounds fine - more likely it is the OS running on it and/or perhaps an incompatability with the java installer.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello again.
I managed to resolve the problem. Graphisoft is very weird. It seams that AC 9 is not compatible with my graphic card Nvidia 8600 gts. So , I unistalled my video card, then I installed AC 9 and finaly I re-installed the video card again.
Problem solved. Stupid though...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mako wrote:
Graphisoft is very weird.
Computers are weird (kind of amazing that they work at all). GS as a software developer is just one small part of the weirdness.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mako wrote:
Hello again.
I managed to resolve the problem. Graphisoft is very weird. It seams that AC 9 is not compatible with my graphic card Nvidia 8600 gts. So , I unistalled my video card, then I installed AC 9 and finaly I re-installed the video card again.
Problem solved. Stupid though...
I suppose you uninstalled the video card drivers not the card itself right? If yes maybe previous drivers were beta version (not WDM). But after all graphic drivers should not affect archicad installation.