BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem with Vista Home Premium 64xbit

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have Intel Core 2 quad 2,5GHz, Ati 4870 512MB, 4GB RAM and Vista Home Premium 64xbit
Everthing is fine but when I switch to 3D the AC12 get froze and I have to shut down AC. I dont know what to do with it....Help please

P.S. I'm not good englisch speaker because I'm Czech, sory. I've hope you will understand it.
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try to install the latest drivers for the graphics card and see if that helps.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did it but AC12 stil not working.... I can switch to 3D and draw something but when I can move screen or rotate then it froze...

laszlonagy: you have vista 32 bit or 64bit? I think there is the problem... But how can I fix this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice.... I found result....in scheme I change Open GL 3D to internal 3D engine and it works......thanks for your help 😉
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, this is because the Internal Engine does not use the hardware acceleration available in OpenGL.
But you will also notice that it is much slower than OpenGL so I think you will still want to get this problem solved so you can use the OpenGL Engine.
Edit: By the way:i have Vista 32-bit.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
I'm having great trouble trying to work with ArchiCad 12 in Vista.
I have Vista Home Premium, and everytime I try to save what I've done in AC, it shuts down... What can I do about it?

Thanks!
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
@Cjman - Try turning off Aero. Just change your windows theme to Vista basic or Standard.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
to henrypootel: Aero is turning off automaticaly when I open AC 12.....

What is different between bussines and home premium? And why it is ok on 32bit home premium but on 64bit no?
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh, i forget one thing, I start AC12 in mode compatible with windows XP SP2.......cause if i start it normal it write that i have not instaled QuickTime 7 or newer version...but I have the latest version of it......I did not find solution that I started AC with mode......Do you know some other solution?
Learn and get certified!