Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problems switching computers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I am not an Archicad user and do not understand much of it's ins and outs. I do work for an architect, though and I am trying to switch him from one computer to another and have been having trouble with the libraries. I am switching between two Macs both running OS10.3 and both with Archicad 8.1. I have been able to open all of the projects on the new computer but many of the library parts are not found and do not appear on the project. I found the library file on the old computer and copied it over to the new computer, but that didn't help. Is there anyone out there who can help me figure out how to make this work? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your problem is that archicad does not know where to look for the library!

Open up ArchiCAD and go file>library manager. Find where you saved the library (on the left hand side), highlight it and ADD it across to the right hand side. click done. now it should be able to locate the library and open without a problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesse wrote:
... I am trying to switch him from one computer to another and have been having trouble with the libraries. I am switching between two Macs both running OS10.3 and both with Archicad 8.1. I have been able to open all of the projects on the new computer but many of the library parts are not found and do not appear on the project. I found the library file on the old computer and copied it over to the new computer, but that didn't help.

My guess is, based on what you've said, that you need to open the project;

1. go to File/Library manager
2. Select the Local/LAN tab and locate the library
3. drag it to the right side of the screen

BTW, there will be a list of missing libraries in the Library Manager (green callout)

Woody